Cyclothymia is a chronic bipolar disorder consisting of short periods of mild depression and short periods of hypomania (lasting a few days to a few weeks), separated by short periods of normal mood. Individuals with cyclothymia (thymia: from the Greek word for the mind) are never free of symptoms of either depression or hypomania for more than two months at a time. In 1980 the classification of cyclothymia was changed in the DSM-IV from Personality Disorder to Mood Disorder.
There are only a few things to keep in mind when posting on this community.
1. Respect your fellow members.
2. Please put lengthy posts or images behind an lj-cut. This will ensure people don't have massive chunks of their friends lists taken by our community.
3. We are not doctors or psychiatrists here. We are either fellow sufferers or the people who stand beside those who suffer the condition. If you need urgent medical advice, please seek the appropriate avenue. (Either your doctor or psychiatrist)
4. All beliefs are welcome here! However, don't try to make others believe in what you do. For example; if someone else is taking medication, and you don't agree with it, please share your opinions but don't persist over the issue.
5. If you need support from other sufferers such as yourself, then feel free to post any time or night or day. As moderator, I will endevour to answer all posts as soon as I read them to ensure no-one get's forgotten or passed over.
6. There is nothing like a live chat to increase bonding and friendships. My aol chat ID is coolkatz000 ... see you around!
7. If you have any grievances with fellow members, please email me at Hannurdock@hotmail.com rather than attack them through comments. I will act as an mediator between both parties until the situation is resolved.
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!
See a bug? Let us know! Here you can also share your thoughts and ideas about updates to LiveJournal
Your request has been filed. You can track the progress of your request at:
If you have any other questions or comments, you can add them to that request at any time.